- “Just a Community Organizer: Visualizing Community for Domains of One’s Own”, Domains 2017, June, 2017.
- “Circles of Learning: Using Google+ to Enhance Classroom Communities”, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, Baltimore, MD, January 2013.
- “Pegasus: Integrated Design for Adaptive Reflective Capabilities,” AAEEBL Annual Conference, Boston, MA, July 2012.
- “Social Media ePortfolios,” the ELI Annual Meeting, Austin, TX, February 2012.
- “Socializing Higher Education through Content Management Systems”, WordCamp Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, Nov 2011.
- “Visualization of Twitter Data in the Classroom.” Decision Science Journal of Innovative Education, October 2016.
- “Teaching How to Integrate Real-Time Big Data Analysis and Visualization for Better Decision-Making.” Presented at the Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting, Tampa, Florida, November, 2014.
- “Teaching Big Data: Experiences, Lessons Learned, and Future Directions.” Decision Line (Jan. 2014) Vol. 45, No. 1.
- “Using Google+ to Enhance Student Learning, Engagement, and Communication”, April, 2013, Educause Review.
- “A Case for Open & Interconnected Systems in Universities”, CNDLS White Paper, 2012.
- “Using Wordles to Teach Foreign Language Writing”, Language Learning and Technology Journal, June 2011.
- “Fingerprint reference verification method using a phase-encoding-based watermarking technique”, Journal of Electronic Imaging 17, 2008.